Thursday, May 24, 2007

Friendship Toast: Happy Memorial Day

"It is around the table that friends understand best,
the warmth of being together”.

It's a 4 day weekend and I couldn't be more ready! I'm ready to take in some sun, kick-up my feet and relax this holiday weekend. Twist it up this Memorial Day weekend! At your picnic, pool party or backyard barbecue, pour some fresh lime Caipirinhas, a potent mixture of cachaca (sugarcane liquor), limes, and sugar. Brazil’s national drink and now the cocktail of choice in New York and Miami, a caipirinha provides ultimate satisfaction on a hot summer’s day!



Since Caipirinhas are mostly colorless, it’s the perfect drink to serve in colorful glasses. These Pottery Barn glasses are the perfect barware choice. They are inspired by hand-blown glass, come in a variety of color and they’re on sale!

Serve your Caipirinhas with grilled meats and vegetables, plus plenty of fruit and cheese. I can smell the 'que now. I'm outta here! Have a great Memorial Day weekend. Cheers!

3 comments:

skatey katie said...

hi from kate in new zealand,
i saw you featured at decor8..
i *love* this:
Mrs. Sarah made everyone who entered her home feel like the most special person on earth. I strive to reflect that same spirit every time I open my doors and invite people to my table.
me too.

Sarah Dennis said...

Thanks Kate. Please feel free to stop by anytime. You're welcome at my table.

** Terramia ** said...

Wow... stunning!