Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Raising the bar: Ralph Lauren received first-ever American Fashion Legend Award

You know you’ve arrived when your name falls into use as an adjective. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve looked at an interior of a store, someone’s outfit or a tablescape at a party and said “That’s very Ralph Lauren”?


Last night in the Celeste Bartos Forum at The New York Public Library, The Council of Fashion Designers of America bestowed its first-ever title of Fashion Legend to Ralph Lauren.
This recognition honors his excellence of 40 years in the apparel industry; however it was through his vision in fashion that Ralph made decorating your home and your table a little more like getting dressed.

The Ralph Lauren Home Collection brought fashion to American homes, raised the bar on product quality and set the standard on creating a lifestyle brand. For fusing fashion, furnishings, tabletop and the worlds in which these elements connect beautifully. Cheers to Ralph Lauren! Here a few of my favorite collections:


Clearwater, Wicker Basket, Sophia Floral and Claire, these are the china patterns that I own and I love them all. If I had to find one word to describe my feeling for the classic designs of Ralph Lauren, it would be “timeless”. My china patterns are as right today as they were when I first purchased them years ago. I’ll use them forever.
(images: Ricky and Ralph Lauren at CFDA Awards, WWD, 06-05-2007; Ralph Lauren Home Collections, Ralph Lauren Home).

No comments: