Tuesday, May 8, 2007

A Bouquet of Love

My Mother is a superior gardener and the landscaping of my parent’s home is the backdrop of some of her best artistry. I’ve asked my Mother on several occasions why she loves gardening so and she always says that “it’s incredibly relaxing”. She says that it’s something about the dirt; it allows her to get in touch with the earth and herself. Starting this month, her garden will begin attracting the attention of many neighbors. Every season they stop by to talk, sit in the garden, watch the birds bathe and find ideas for their own garden.

These pictures found from the book, “Creating Beds and Borders”, remind me of morning walks around the garden with my Mother. With coffee in hand, she would give me a tour along with tips on providing structure, shaping space, and combining specimens for eye-catching sweeps made of textural foliage, architectural shrubs, perennials, roses and annuals.

That’s why I’m certain on Mother’s Day, my mom would be thrilled to receive the gift of flowers and I love these bouquets from marthastewartflowers.com


and from the perfect mother/daughter team, proprietors of Belle Fleur.


No comments: