Friday, August 10, 2007

A gift for you: A sneak peak at the New York Gift Show

The gift and home industry’s premier event opens tomorrow and you know I’ll be there.
The New York International Gift fair is the largest and most established market for gift, tabletop and home products. It will be over 2,700 exhibiting companies! This market is so big that they needed 4 locations to cover it all: Jacob Javits Center, Pier 88, Pier 94 and Metropolitan Pavilion. Boy, do I have a lot of ground to cover!

All next week, I’ll be blogging about The New York Gift show and sharing with you new companies, new product introductions, trends, innovative design and one-of-a-kind pieces.
(all from the tabletop perspective).

I’m excited to be going to the show and I have my favorite companies who I can’t wait to see! You might remember some of them being featured here at Toast and Tables:

Thomas Paul - "Paper Plates"
Mariposa - " Start clutching your pearls - iridescent flatware adds shimmer to your table"
DFC Mexico City - "The Global Table Summer Series - Salud! to Mexico"
Eva Ziesel - "Living Happily Eva After"
Magppie USA, Inc. - "He asked, I said Yes"
John Derian Co, Inc. - "Take a bite of a BIG APPLE plate"
Jill Fenichell, Inc. - "I can't believe it's plastic"
Roost - "I see shells - a natural table accessory"
Jonathan Adler - "Helloooo Yellow"
Pot Luck Studio - "Cake plates are stacking up as a top registry item"

Have a great weekend everyone! See ya Monday. Vane, I’ll be looking for you.

(image from: At Home with Carolyne Roehm)

3 comments:

Vane said...

i'll be there sunday, but only doing the jacob javitz circuit...i usually stick with accent on design. not sure when i'll head out...probably end up there between 10-11 am. email me if you want to meet up!

Ellie said...

just popping in to say that you truly blow me away with how much great stuff you find. every post just packed with whatever theme/motif/style you're looking for. seriously fantastic blogging.

People St.Clair said...

i can't wait to hear about the fabulous finds at the ny gift show.